While it’s great to have group coverage from your employer or association, in most cases, people don’t understand the that there are important differences when it comes to group life insurance vs. self owned life insurance.
Author Archive for: afa
About Financial Tech Tools
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Financial Tech Tools contributed a whooping 27 entries.
On April 28, 2022, the Ontario Minister of Finance delivered the province’s 2022 budget. It’s focused on five different pillars:
• Rebuilding the economy.
• Better jobs and bigger paycheques.
• Building highways and critical infrastructure.
• Keeping costs down.
• Investing in health care.
Budget 2022 includes no changes to personal or corporate tax rates.
On April 7, 2022, the Federal Government released their 2022 budget. Our article contains highlights of the various financial measures in this budget, divided into these sections:
• Alternative minimum tax
• Dental care
• Small businesses
• Canada Growth Fund
• Bank and insurer taxes
It’ll be time to file your 2021 taxes soon, and you must take advantage of every tax credit and deduction that you can. Our article includes information on a variety of subjects you need to know about, including what to do if you’ve had to repay COVID-19 benefits, how to plan ahead if you’re self-employed or retiring soon, and what you need to know if you have a home office or employer-provided benefits.
No business owner likes to think about handing over their business they’ve built from the ground up. But the fact of the matter is, you will have to do it eventually. Even more concerning, what if you were to become ill or incapacitated? Making a decision of this magnitude during trying times would not be ideal.
For the business owner, an estate freeze can be an integral part of your estate planning strategy. The purpose of an estate freeze is to lock-in (freeze) the value of the business, freeing the successor from the tax liability that may arise should the business’ value increase.
One of the financial planning issues that business owners face is how to access their corporate earnings in a tax efficient way. Please contact us to learn how we can get more money in your pocket than in the government’s.
TFSAs and RRSPs can be significant savings vehicles. To help you understand their differences, we have put together this article to compare:
– TFSA versus RRSP – Differences in deposits
– TFSA versus RRSP – Differences in withdrawals
Understanding the differences between these two types of tax-advantaged accounts can help you better plan for future purchases and your eventual retirement.
Looking for an “at a glance” document covering all the important dates you need to know to stay on track with your financial planning in 2022?
Our 2022 financial calendar (which you can easily bookmark or print out) makes sure you’re always in the loop! It lists important dates, including:
• Payments dates for the Canada Child Benefit, CPP, OAS, and the GST/HST credit.
• When TFSA contribution room starts again.
• Tax filing deadlines.
• Charitable contribution deadlines and the last day to contribute to registered investment accounts.
• When the Bank of Canada interest rate announcements are.
The end of 2021 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Individuals, including details on COVID-19 benefits and important tax credits.
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.
We’re approaching the end of the year, so it’s time to review your business finances. We’ve put together an article highlighting the most critical tax-planning tips you need to know as a business owner.
We’ve focused on:
• How to determine the right salary and dividend mix.
• The best ways to handle compensation.
• How to make sure you can take advantage of the small business deduction.
• What you need to know about depreciable assets and charitable donations.
• How to make the most of Covid-19 relief programs.
Get in Touch
We help manage, grow and preserve wealth in a prudent, tax efficient manner, for clients, their loved ones and organizations they care about.